The eScience Institute is pleased to welcome 15 talented student fellows to our summer 2018 Data Science for Social Good (DSSG) program which kicks off Monday, June 11. The DSSG fellows hail from universities across the United States and represent a diversity of disciplines including public policy, linguistics, sociology, mathematics, and biology among others. Collectively they bring a wealth of experience using data science skills to tackle projects that benefit the social good.
- Data Science for Social Good projects begin
- Partnerships for impact: NSF awards an additional $4M to the West Big Data Innovation Hub co-led by the UW eScience Institute
- UW hosts the first annual Northwest Data Science Summit
- The rise and fall of network stars
- Evictions project impacts new state legislation