The Technology Consultant is experienced with the computational platforms that support hackweek collaboration and learning.
- Empowering hackweek organizers to follow best practices in creating open source learning materials.
- Ensuring shared hackweek tools are accessible to everyone.
- Guiding workflow development to be reproducible and deployable on multiple infrastructures.
- Set up a shared computational environment, either on premises or via a contract with an independent provider.
- Deploy the hackweek website.
- Teach hackweek organizers how to use GitHub and JupyterHub for planning and design of the hackweek.
- Assist tutorial leads in uploading their notebooks and sample datasets.
- Help participants gain access to shared resources.
- Archive hackweek outcomes using digital object identifiers.
- Conduct research on emerging technology solutions.
- Provide consultation on computational needs that evolve after a hackweek.