The Lead Hackweek Coordinator has a background in team leadership and science collaboration. They provide oversight and direction to the eScience Team to ensure all components of the hackweek come together.
- Ensuring the activities of organizers and participants align with our mission and values.
- Harmonizing community expectations with available resources of the eScience and organizing team.
- Fostering the growth of healthy community interactions and adoption of best practices for open source science.
- Assist in proposal writing and budget negotiation.
- Assemble an organizing team.
- Facilitate planning meetings to get clear on purpose and scope.
- Meet with organizers to balance workloads and review deadlines.
- Communicate eScience hackweek mission and values to participants and organizers.
- Facilitate the opening day of the hackweek to set the stage for a positive learning environment.
- Evaluate survey and debrief results to design improvements for future events.