Data Science Fellow Steven Brunton and colleagues recently published a paper in PNAS applying machine learning to dynamical systems and control in engineering. This work involves a novel approach to discovering governing equations from data.
- Data Science for Social Good projects begin
- Partnerships for impact: NSF awards an additional $4M to the West Big Data Innovation Hub co-led by the UW eScience Institute
- UW hosts the first annual Northwest Data Science Summit
- The rise and fall of network stars
- Evictions project impacts new state legislation