USA Today quoted eScience Associate Director Bill Howe in an April 5th article about the 11.5 million documents recently leaked from a Panamanian law firm pertaining to hidden offshore accounts and business transactions. Howe notes that cloud computing as well as openly available software for translation, indexing, and data mining now make quick work of extracting information from these types documents.
- Data Science for Social Good projects begin
- Partnerships for impact: NSF awards an additional $4M to the West Big Data Innovation Hub co-led by the UW eScience Institute
- UW hosts the first annual Northwest Data Science Summit
- The rise and fall of network stars
- Evictions project impacts new state legislation