The 2017 UW Data Science Career Fair has been rescheduled to Fall 2017! Please return here for more information on date, location, and participating companies.
Multiple UW departments will create this great opportunity for undergraduates, graduate students, and postdocs working in data science to connect with companies and research labs looking for summer interns and permanent employees in data science positions.
Students and postdocs from the following programs will be invitedto register for the event.
- Undergraduates pursuing a Data Science Option through Computer Science & Engineering, ACMS, or the iSchool
- Masters’ students in the interdisciplinary MS in Data Science
- PhD students taking the Advanced Data Science Option in Computer Science & Engineering, Statistics, Biology, Oceanography, Astronomy, Genome Science, Chemical Engineering, Mathematics, and Applied Mathematics
- PhD students in the IGERT, BDGN and Clean Energy programs
- Postdocs funded by Moore/Sloan or WRF Data Science postdoctoral fellowships
Additional students who have taken data science courses will be able to participate based on space availability.
Participating Companies: More information available shortly
Event Chair: Kay Beck-Benton (Computer Science & Engineering)
Deborah Alterman (Master’s in Data Science)
Magdalena Balazinska (Computer Science & Engineering)
Crystal Eney (Computer Science & Engineering)
Micaela Parker (eScience Executive co-Director)
Sarah Stone (eScience Executive co-Director)
Jennifer Worrell (Computer Science & Engineering)
Sponsoring Departments: the eScience Institute, the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, the Department of Applied Mathematics, the Department of Biology, the Department of Human-Centered Design & Engineering, the Department of Statistics, the Information School, the UW Institute for Neuroengineering, and the UW Master’s in Data Science Program.