The University of Washington eScience Institute (“eScience”) is dedicated to providing a harassment-free learning experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of anyone in any form. Participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from participation in eScience events or activities at the discretion of University of Washington eScience Institute staff.
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion
- Sexual language or images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Anyone asked to stop any harassing behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a person engages in harassing behavior, the eScience staff retain the right to take any actions to keep the WRF Data Science Studio a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the Studio and/or eScience-sponsored events.
The organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants. We expect participants to follow these rules at all the event venues and related activities.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our programming for everyone. If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. You can make a report either personally or anonymously. To personally report, contact the eScience executive director, Sarah Stone, at firstname.lastname@example.org or another trusted staff member. Anonymous reports can be made here.
Thank you for helping to make our space inclusive, welcoming and safe.