The 2017 UW Data Science Career Fair will be held on Monday, October 23 from noon to 5 p.m. in the HUB Ballroom.
Multiple UW departments and programs are working together to create this opportunity for undergraduates, graduate students, and postdocs working in data science to connect with companies and research labs looking for permanent employees and summer interns in data science positions.
Please REGISTER HERE for the event by 5pm on Friday, October 20.
The event will be open to PRE-REGISTERED students and postdocs as follows:
Starting at 12pm
- PRE-REGISTERED graduate students and postdocs from participating data science programs.
Starting at 1pm
- PRE-REGISTERED undergraduates pursuing a Data Science Option through Computer Science & Engineering, ACMS, or the iSchool
Starting at 2pm
- Open to ALL current UW students and postdocs. Priority access will be given to students who have preregistered. Students and postdocs must bring their Husky Card to be admitted to the event.
Participating Companies: Interested companies can register to participate at this link. The following companies have registered for the Data Science Career Fair so far, please check back as more companies register.
- Allen Institute
- BSquare Corporation
- Central Intelligence Agency
- The Climate Corporation
- Clobotics Corporation
- F5 Networks
- Google Inc.
- Hive Battery
- Insight Data Science
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
- Kernel Labs
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- NIKE, Inc.
- Oath (formerly Yahoo!)
- Revel Consulting
- Sift Science
- SSC PACIFIC
- TIBCO Software Inc.
- United Technologies Research Center
- Vulcan Inc
- Zillow Group
Event Chair: Kay Beck-Benton (Computer Science & Engineering)
Deborah Alterman (Master’s in Data Science)
Magdalena Balazinska (Computer Science & Engineering, Director of the eScience Institute)
Crystal Eney (Computer Science & Engineering)
Micaela Parker (eScience Executive co-Director)
Sarah Stone (eScience Executive co-Director)
Jennifer Worrell (Computer Science & Engineering)
Sponsoring Departments: the eScience Institute, the Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering, the Department of Applied Mathematics, the Department of Biology, the Department of Human-Centered Design & Engineering, the Department of Statistics, the Information School, the UW Institute for Neuroengineering, the Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology, UW’s Big Data and Data Science IGERT PhD Program and the UW Master’s in Data Science Program.