Big Data is an evolving field, whose definition is fluid, and will continue to evolve over the years. Thus, the core of our educational approach is a comprehensive interdisciplinary, multifaceted practical training program.
- Core Curriculum: An integrated, multidisciplinary set of courses that prepare the students in the algorithmic, statistical, systems, and scientific aspects of Big Data. This curriculum is an overlay on top of the requirements of the participating departments in a manner that is specific to each department. Please contact the faculty liaisons for detailed information.
Three out of four of the following core courses:
– Data Management: CSE 544.
– Machine Learning, CSE 546 or STAT 535.
– Data Visualization: CSE 512.
– Statistics: STAT 509 or STAT 512-513.
Course descriptions and pre-requisites are listed here.
All students must also register each year for the Big Data Seminar Course, CHEM E 599F.